Do you like Bananas?
Ever since we were kids, we (at home) liked “Chiquita” brand bananas! My parents would make sure to get us the ones with the Chiquita labels, and our nanny, at the time, kept all the sticker labels to cheat us when my parents would get other brands… funny thing is, we could tell it wasn’t Chiquita!
Just like we can tell that the chocolate milk we’re drinking is (or isn’t) KDD! You know what I mean? Are you this way too??
Anyways, I find the below info interesting and I would like to share it with you – The health benefits of bananas (link)
- Banana is an energy booster.
- Banana contain tryptophan, a type of protein that the body converts into serotonin. Serotonin is a hormone that is known to make you feel happy and improve your mood.
- Banana is a rich source of iron, thus it is helpful in cases of anemia.
- Banana is good a good source of potassium. If you are taking diuretics take 2 bananas a day to prevent the depletion of potassium in the body.
- The skin of the banana is said to help remove warts(cover the warts with the inner skin of banana).
- Banana is good for people who have high blood pressure because it is low in salt.
Banana is also helpful in the following cases : Stomach ulcer (banana has a natural antacid), Colitis, Digestive disorder, Diarrhea, Constipation (banana is high in fiber), Hemorrhoids
Nutritive Values : Per 100 gm.
- Vitamin A : 430 I.U.
- Vitamin B : Thiamine .04 mg.;
- Vitamin C : 10 mg.
- Calcium : 8 mg.
- Iron : 6 mg.
- Phosphorus : 28 mg.
- Potassium : 260 mg.
- Carbohydrates : 23 gm
- Protein : 1.2 mg.
- Calories : 88