My friend sent me an email with lots of info about Energy Saving Bulbs!
The email gives warnings such as:
“These type of bulbs which are called Energy Saving or low Energy bulbs, if broken, cause serious danger! So much so, that everybody MUST leave the room for at least 15 minutes.
Because it contains Mercury (poisonous) which cause migraine, disorientation, imbalances and different other health problems while inhalation.
And people with allergies, causes them severe skin condition and other diseases just by touching this substance or inhaling it.
Also the ministry warned about NOT cleaning the debris of the broken bulb with the vacuum cleaner, because it would spread the contamination to other rooms in the house while using the vacuum cleaner again.
It must be cleaned with a normal broom or brush and be kept in a sealed bag and thrown right away from the house in a bin for hazardous materials.”
I remember Mark posted about those bulbs before! As a matter of fact he got upset with my comments and called me paranoid + asked me to stop spreading my paranoia!! LOL!! I was just trying to tell everyone its dangerous!!
Well anyway…. given the info mentioned above about the energy saving bulbs, where do we take dead/expired bulbs to, so the mercury doesnt seep into the earth landfills?
Thanks Abdulla N.M. 😉