Okay! So I have been in some ridiculous car accidents (one was pretty serious though), all of which with men of different nationalities…. and at the end its always their fault (except for the case against the unidentified – could have been a woman this time), why the generalization, that women cannot drive!
1. Jawazat Roundabout in Salmiya. I was in the middle lane looking into taking the second exit… and keep in mind I was using signals. A Kuwaiti man, my dad’s age, decides to take the first exit from the left lane, takes a sharp turn and hit the corner and back of the car I was driving. He gets out and blame me… tell me its my fault. The end result, HIS fault!
2. I am waiting to pick up my friend from college, so I am parked (YES ON “P”) outside at the door, when an Egyptian man who wasnt looking straight drove to my door and hit my car pretty bad! It was fast, I tried honking, but there was no use! He was going on a speed that I couldnt avoid, and I am happy I came out of it in one piece… just keep in mind that if I wasnt parked, he would have hit the college’s wall!
3. I park my car in the parking lot, go to work… finish at 4:00pm, head back to my car to find it and the car parked next to it damaged from the back. The security comes running for me and hands me a piece of paper and a Civil ID of a Pakistani, who took a “SHARP” turn in the parking lot that turned ugly! (link)
4. My new baby! Yes it was brand new, a 2009 beauty! I was driving on 3rd ring road when a young Kuwaiti guy in his SUV runs a red light and BAM! His excuse: “I’m sorry! I was on the phone… I know its my fault, I ran a red light”. Even worse, the investigator’s suggestion to solve it! (read more)
5. I go out to do my nails, park my car… and go get pampered. I leave to find that someone backed on my car and dented it! No notes… no NOTHING! (So maybe it was a woman this time?!)
6. My sister and I were headed to run errands last Thursday in two different cars, so we were at the red lights… three cars in front of me… including my sister’s. As I was listening to the radio and waiting for the light to turn green, this Indian guy hit me from the back. His excuse: “brake karbaan” which means his brakes are broken!! WHICH IS WHAT! Less than KD10 to get it fixed! Oh and to add the cherry on the top, hes got no insurance! Poor guy is in deep thingamajig!
So tell me again… why the generalization!? Why do you think “WOMEN” cannot drive!!